Here we go.

09 November 2008

I know it's fire pit season & we're all sitting around one here & there, but last night's sit down was exceptional for me.  I was surrounded with people I've known for a long long time & people I've known for a long long long time.  Collin, Mark Lewis, Rett, Keiko, Jonathan Thompson, Shawn Miller, Andrew D'arezzo, James D'arezzo, Jeremy Brasher, Damian Thompson, Brittney McDonald & Sonja Schafer.  KMHD & ATM were there, too, of course.  Last night, it was a classic crisp cold autumn night.  I kept hearing people say outloud, "I have the best friends" or "I seriously love my friends".  I don't care if I come off as sentimental, it was a total lovefest.  Who knows when that particular lot will ever assemble again?  Much love goes out to each and every one of them.



Yesterday was pleasant.  We didn't do anything!  Well, we did go to Savers to see if we could find our ugly Xmas sweaters for the upcoming holiday.  Total success.  I'll save the photos for later, because, I know, it's too soon for Xmas!  Anyway, Collin comes over to hang for a bit while we wait for Jonathan to show.  Can I just interject that I've been hanging out with Collin a lot more lately and I love it?  I hope it continues.

Jonathan finally arrives with my birthday sweet potato pie in tow.  If you don't know already, JT has style -- he also had some heavy whipping cream to make homemade whipped cream!  We dragged out ye olde stand mixer & he made some fresh whipped topping right there.  Apparently the pie recipe calls for two shots of brandy.  Well, Jonathan informed that it has two shots of Remy Martin XO!  A high class, $15-per-shot sweet potato pie!  Oh, my my my my my my my my my!



Around the fire, me, JT & KMHD discussed pie, natch.  I think I may have invented a kind of pie that you are already familiar with:  chili frito pie.  The crust, though, will be made of crushed Frito Lays, very similar to a graham cracker crust.  Fill with chili, top with cheese -- and of course a dollop of sour cream.  If I remember correctly, KMHD offered to work on a prototype.  Can't wait!

I don't have too much lined up today, maybe some lite housekeeping and working on the now infamous third room.  You know, the little room that has all of my art supplies and whatnot, but is not being used properly?  It's still a wreck in there, but maybe I'll make some headway today.  This evening, ATM will be taking me out for my official birthday dinner.  I see crab cakes in my future!

Because I feel like making pie, I may make a sweet potato pie, because Mum is coming over on Wednesday to celebrate the Obama victory.  I don't know what that entails, but I'll make a pie.  And since I'm riding high on the sweet potato pie wave, that's what we're havin'.  With homemade whipped topping.

3 comments:

Arc_and_Saw said...

good times!

kmhd said...

Good Lord JT's crust haunts me. One key lime pie, please.

d'arezzo said...

Yeah, good to see you, too.

Blog Archive